cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iomega Autoloader 1000 -Unknown Media-

Kev
Not applicable

I have successfully configured an Exabyte Autoloader with Backup Exec 11d but the Iomega Autoloader is giving me lots of grief. Smiley Mad

The Iomega Autoloader has been recognised by Backup Exec and all the slots are visible. But I can not successfully complete a backup onto the Autoloader.

All slots are showing up as <Unknown Media> and the slot which the autoloader has a tape loaded into shows up as <empty>.... how can I resolve this issue?

I have successfully ran and intialize and an Inventory but neither resolved the unknown media issue.

Under devices the Autoloader shows up as a Standalone Drive and Robotic Tape Library is this correct? Should it be shown up as both ? 

Can anyone please help me? Smiley Indifferent

Many thanks,

Kev

1 REPLY 1

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi Kev,

In Backup Exec the medium changer and drive should show under Robotic Libraries.

You can run through the Device Configuration Wizard under tools - wizards.

Once you see the drive and the medium changer, if they are still separate you can move the drive under the medium changer at the end of the configuration.

If this still doesn't correct the issue, I would recommend looking into what drivers you have and if you are seeing any errors in the system log in the event viewer.

Hope this helps.

Patty