cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a selection list from a catalog?

Beverly_Summers
Level 2
In the last couple of days, we have had to rebuild our Win2K server and reinstall BE 9.0 to recover our system state & data. I don't have, access to my pre-crash BE selection lists & saved jobs.

We are also having some weird issue with the Network browser in Win2K, that predates the system reinstall. Since BE uses this same browser when prompting for Selections during the New Backup Job creation, all of our PC's aren't included in list.

I have cataloged our last network backup. Is it possible to create a selection list using the catalog? If not, can someone please offer an alternate way to create a backup selection list?

TIA,
Beverly
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you are using MSDE rather than MSSQL, and if you can find a copy of MSDB.BAK, you can use BEUTIL to recover your configuration from that.

Job Defs
Media Sets
Schedules
etc.

Also, tho it's not exactly shat you asked, you can dump the comtents of a Catalog to a txt file using the CATDUMP utility.Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam
Typos

Beverly_Summers
Level 2
Ken,

Thank you for your suggestions. I downloaded the CATDUMP utility, but before I had a chance to use it, the network browse list issue was resolved.

Just FYI: Our server comment field on the computers missing from the Network browse was greater than 48 characters. I know it sounds odd, but there is a MS tech article, (# 231312), addressing this issue. We edited the "missing" PC server comment fields and they are now appearing in the network browse.

Thanks again,
Beverly

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Beverly!

Thank you for updating us on this issue.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You don't need it any more, but I ran across this

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/245048.htm

That will dump the select list and schedule info about the job associated witn a catalog