cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshot Processing hangs Backup Exec 10.1 (10d)

Christian_Eyssa
Level 3
Hi,

I have installed Backup Exec 10.1 (10d) Rev. 5629 and hot fixes 19, 4, 24 and 14. I have a library HP StorageWorks 1/8 Ultrium 960 Tape Autoloader.

My problem is when I backup a local folder on the backup server using the option "User Advanced Open File Option --> Automatically select open file technology", the job hangs after loading the tape in the drive. The job status is "Snapshot Processing" and nothing happens. When I try to cancel the job, it says "Cancel Pending" and still nothing. I have to reboot the server in order to start again Backup Exec.

If I run the same job without the Open File Option, the job complete within seconds and is successfull.

I have purchased the Open File option and I can't seem to be able to use. Can someone help me please.

Regards,

Christian
7 REPLIES 7

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

What are the resources that you are backing up?

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Christian_Eyssa
Level 3
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

The resources I am backing up are exclusively files for the moment. No database nor components are backed up for the moment.

Regards,

Christian

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Christian!

Please check for following files on your system:

vsapi.dll and vsp.sys.

If any one of them is missing, uninstall the reinstall the AOFO option again, reboot the server and retry the job by selecting Symantec Volume Snapshot provider.

Also try minimizing minimum quiet time and retry the job.

Please do revert back if the problem still persists.

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Christian_Eyssa
Level 3
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Am I suppose to look for thiese files on the Backup Exec server or only on the remote servers?

After doing several tests, I have found a work around.

Instead of selecting "Automatically select open file technology", if I select "Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service --> Automatic - Allow VSS to select the snapshot provider", the job complete successfully.

Regards,

Christian

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Do you have AOFO licensed?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Christian_Eyssa
Level 3
Hi,

Yes, my OFO is licensed because when I select Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service --> Automatic - Allow VSS to select the snapshot provider", the job complete successfully.

Regards,

Christian

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems that the problem could have arisen as a result of the Snapshot technology chosen. The option that you have currently configured, 'to allow the automatic selection of snapshot technology for open files', is the recommended option.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.