cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after upgrading

Joji
Level 5

I just upgraded our BE 12.5 to BE 2010 R3 Rev 5204 on a Windows 2003 R2 SE SP2 server.

After a "successful" upgrade I tested a couple of the media tapes present in the tape library for a restore job. Some of the tapes are showing blank selection, some I would get the inventory and catalog prompts and some I can view the files and are available for restore. And most of these medias belong to the same media set and/or job. I ran the inventory then the catalog job on the media tapes that cannot be read. All the catalog jobs failed and this is the final error message:

Final error: 0xe0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operationSo I ran the inventory job again, then catalog job. I got the same error message.

I also rebuilt the catalog by running the catrebuildindex -r  command. I still got the same result/error. I have the Use storage media-based catalog option UNCHECK.

Any other steps/solutions I can do to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

have you tried creating a new Catalogs folder ?

EDIt*** Use this KB -

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH44676

AmolB

Stop BE services and rename existing catalogs folder.

Create a new catalogs folder, start all the BE services.

Run an inventory and then trigger a catalog job.

Joji
Level 5

Thanks VJware and AmolZeroCool. I will try that now.

Joji
Level 5

Update: VJware and AmolZeroCool: renaming the existing catalog, creating a new catalog folder and running an inventory again (job was 8 hours and 2 mins) DID NOT fix the issue.

When I tried restoring from the media and got the "the selected media was not found in the catalogs....:" message again.

Any other steps I can do to solve the issue?

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6

Have you tried http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH16628 ?

Joji
Level 5

VJware: not yet. I will try that now. Just one more question: moving the media(s) to Retired Media Set and deleting the media, will NOT erase the data in the media?  THANKS!

VJware
Level 6

nopes, as you deleting the media only from the GUI & not the actual media itself

Joji
Level 5

GREAT TO HEAR THAT! I will give it a try now.