cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues since installing Service Pack 2 for Backup Exec 9.1

Alan_Zak
Level 2
Hello, since installing SP2 I have been unable to perform a full or differential backup to completion on my Windows 2003 server.

The backup appears to proceed normally, backing up the usual amount of data as compared to past successful jobs. However, near the end I get the following error:

"Backup - \\myserver\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group Media mount failed.
User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation.

The media operation was terminated by the user.
Error reading file data.
"

The backups occur in the early a.m., there was no user intervention which could have cancelled the job. This error has twice reported that the System user had cancelled the job, and once reported that Administrator cancelled it.

Please help, I've been unable to perform a successful backup since installing SP2.
1 REPLY 1

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer the following technote.

Title:
"User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation" (a000810f HEX or e000810f HEX) is reported in the backup job log when attempting to run a backup operation.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/246967

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.