cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Backup Job setup help

Iain_Smart
Level 2
Hi,

I am trying to setup a duplicate backup to tape job for a series of backup to disk jobs.

We have several backup to disk jobs that run at various times during the night (server usage dictates the jobs can only be run at certain times). I also need to then duplicate the backed up data to tape. The duplicate job can run at anytime during the day. How do I setup a duplicate job to simply duplicate the data from the B2D files (without doing a flat file backup) rather than reading from the original source or having to run after each B2D job runs?

Thanks,

Iain
3 REPLIES 3

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
The easiest way is to let the duplicate job run right after the backup job. The normal backup will run during the night and perform the duplication when it's ready. When the duplicate job is busy BE will not be able to start another duplicate job, because the tape device is in use, but that's no problem. The B2D jobs will simply run and start the duplicate jobs. These job will run when the previous duplicate jobs has finished. The only jobs you see active when start work in the morning are the duplicate jobs. (depending on the amount of data that needs to be backupped of course)

The alternative is to schedule separate duplicate jobs but then you will need to select the B2D jobs manually from which you want a duplicate.

Regards
A van der Boom

Iain_Smart
Level 2
Thanks for the reply. If I setup the duplicate jobs to run straight after the B2D job, will another B2D job be able to start if a duplicate job is running? i.e.
11.00pm: B2D job1 starts
11.45pm: B2D job1 ends
11.45pm: Dupe Job1 starts (takes more than 15 mins)
12.00pm: B2D Job 2 due to start <-- will this job start at midnight?

Thanks,

Iain

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

This should work. However if anyone job takes longer to finish it will not let the other jobs run on the specified time.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.