cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues.

David_Fregeau
Level 2
I have had to replace the drive in my Quantum Superloader, I can now not Backup, Inventory, or scan. The errors I get in Inventory are a000820b - Library error - device is busy.
And then the rest of the tapes come up.
a0008212 - Library error - invalid element address.
I have run the tapeinst.exe and Windows 2003 sees the device without error. BE sees the drive and is not giving me an error within the application and the application log in the event viewer gives the same information as the log files do "Multiple errors"
The system saw the new hardware and accepted it, Quantum and I have run tests and everything tests out. Is there anything else I can do to get this to run? Also, I don't think the system has been Updated to SP3 but the Admin quit last Friday and I am now stuck with the problem and need help.
4 REPLIES 4

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hi David

Does http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255501.htm help you?

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello David,
Can you update us on the issue?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

David_Fregeau
Level 2
If you can look at case # 290093891

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hallo,

The incident which you referred is closed and it says that the issue was because of the drive.

Does the problem still persist? Please update us on the status of the issue.