cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Log opens extremely slowly

Rob_La_Raus
Level 3
When I went to check a job log regarding a failed job, it took several minutes for the log to open. The window opened... long pause... it turned white... long pause... items in the log eventually appeared (the job failure was blamed on "media inconsistency").

This just started, although it is true we recently resolved failing jobs due to attempts at backing up a corrupt WBEM directory on a remote server, which we have since opted not to back up. But is that at all related? We don't have 5 minutes to open, let alone browse through, any given log or job history. While we had our recent problem, viewing logs was a snap.
4 REPLIES 4

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

No, these two issues are not related. This may occur if the size of the job log is big. Go to Tools > Options > Job Logs and check the option "Summary information only" and verify the time take to open these job logs.

Additionally install the latest XML.
How to obtain the latest Microsoft XML 4.0 service pack
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;818409

You may also refer the following.

How To Upgrade the Microsoft XML Parser
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;324460#2

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Rob_La_Raus
Level 3
I have installed the XML parser 4.0 SP2 and rebooted, to no effect.

Unlike some others on this forum, our log files are a mere 27MB or so, but the problem persists after having melted away (thus my relative inattention to the suggested solution). I *hope* it will disappear again as suddenly as it came, but then, it will prbably return again, too.

We have VBE for Windows 9.1 4691 with SP2, on Win2K3.

Rob_La_Raus
Level 3
XML Parser 4.0 SP2 has been installed on Win2K3 Server (VBE 9.1 4691), the system rebooted, and the problem persists.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Have you checked the option "Summary information only"?
If the problem persists please contact Microsoft.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.