cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Status "Recovered" and "e00081d9 - The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding"

ScotH
Level 4
My backup job normally backs up the media server and a remote server.  Shortly after upgrading the remote server to Windows 2008 32-bit, the job began failing midway.  Now, the job backs up the media server, then displays the job status of "recovered".  The job history contains this entry:   "e00081d9 - The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding".  The verification never runs, and the remote server is not backed up at all.  When I run a test backup of a few folders from both servers, however, it runs without error.  I have run LiveUpdate for the media server, and used "Install agents and media servers on other servers" to push the updates to the remote server.  None of this has resolved the problem. 
1 REPLY 1

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Hi Scott,

You should go through event viewer on both boxes and look for errors that occur around the time the job is running.
It's probably safe to say that the problem lies with backing up the remote server so try selecting 1 resource at a time in a couple of test jobs:
C drive only, then C & System State etc.
Hopefully this will help identify the problem.

Good luck,
Gilly