cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success - Notifications

Daniel_Krage
Level 3
I recently installed 11d and am not getting Job Success notifications.  I activated the Job Success notification under Tools > Alert Categories. 

I want to specify notifications per job rather than per alert category. 

Currently I receive Job Failure notifications per job.  How do I get similar notifications for Successful jobs?

7 REPLIES 7

J_Peralta
Level 4
I'm pretty new to this but I think this is what you're after:

- Right click the specific job and go to properties
- Under the Settings area, click on Notification
- Check the recipient type that you want to send the job complete notification to
- Click Submit and OK

I hope this answers your question. 

Additionally (not sure if you need this info too):

-To specify schedule, recipient type, phone number, max # of alerts, etc. Go to Tools>Recipients and do stuff in there.
-To specify which alert categories get sent to where (e-mail, text messages etc.), go to Tools>Assign recipients to alert categories.  You can also specify the same things above in here too.

J

Daniel_Krage
Level 3
I already had the mentioned settings configured.  I'm getting failed messages so I know that part is working.  I still don't get the job success alerts.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi Daniel,

My suggestion would be to enable the Job Success alert by going to tools - assign recipients to alert categories.

Once the alert is enabled, you should get the notification once the job is successful. 

Daniel_Krage
Level 3
This is the part that is perplexing.  I've assigned recipients to the Job Success alert, and I still don't receive them.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Daniel,
Let me think about this.
I will get back to you.
Patty

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi Daniel,

Are you using the same recipients for the notifications in the job as well as the notification in the Alerts?  Are they configured the same, MAPI or SMTP?  Are all of the successful notifications not coming through or is it for one particular person?

Let me know.
Thanks
Patty

Daniel_Krage
Level 3
Problem has been solved. 

Last week I installed Windows 2003 Service Pack 2, now all job notifications are being sent.