cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job fails to complete after tape ejects

anthony_wynne
Level 3

Good Morning

Every day the last back up I have fails to complete after it has finished and ejects the tape.

I have configured the automatic alerts to respond 1 minute after the alert happens.

I am running BE 2012 and use LTO 4 tapes

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

anthony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Anthony,
    As you have mentioned that you have set the Alert to respond within 1 minutes, but it may be set to Cancel and the option may be grade out too.

You will have to set the Respond from BEUtility.

Please refer to the following technote:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160277 : "Respond with" field is grayed out when trying to set up automatic response for Media Remove or Library Insert Alerts

Thanks,
-Sush...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

What is the error on the backup job log. Are there any pending alerts for an overwritable media.

Sush---
Level 6

Hello Anthony,
    As you have mentioned that you have set the Alert to respond within 1 minutes, but it may be set to Cancel and the option may be grade out too.

You will have to set the Respond from BEUtility.

Please refer to the following technote:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160277 : "Respond with" field is grayed out when trying to set up automatic response for Media Remove or Library Insert Alerts

Thanks,
-Sush...

anthony_wynne
Level 3

Hi Jaydeep

heres the error you wanted:

Backup- \\UK-SSS-APP\Z:
Media mount failed.
User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation.
V-79-57344-33861 - The media operation was terminated by the user.

Hi Sush

I have done that now and will let you know if it works

Thanks

anthony

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Looking at your error message, I think your tape is ejected because it is full and another overwritable tape is required.  You should not set an auto-response for the Media Insert Alert.  Otherwise, your job will cancel and you would have to re-run your job.

If you have set an auto-response to the Media Insert Alert, you should remove it.  When you get a Media Insert Alert, you should insert an overwritable tape, reply O.K. to the alert and let the job continue.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Additionally, to what pkh says, make sure that you have atleast 1 overwritable/scratch tape so that the job can continue.

anthony_wynne
Level 3

thanks everyone for your help!!!