cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job running no associated with a server (in server list)

David_Bond
Level 5

I created a job for a server, and experienced the bug that causes servers to disappear and reappear. I updated backup exec 2012, and no longer had that problem. But one of the servers then no longer had any jobs associated with it, but its old jobs were still running (and error) with invalid login credentials. I can’t see any way to delete these jobs, if i try to copy the job using create new job using existing job, I can but I can’t call it the same name, says job already exists with that name.

How do i get rid of these jobs?

5 REPLIES 5

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Q

I created a job for a server, and experienced the bug that causes servers to disappear and reappear. I updated backup exec 2012, and no longer had that problem. But one of the servers then no longer had any jobs associated with it, but its old jobs were still running (and error) with invalid login credentials. I can’t see any way to delete these jobs, if i try to copy the job using create new job using existing job, I can but I can’t call it the same name, says job already exists with that name.

How do i get rid of these jobs?

Ans

It would good if you can run remove that affected server from backup and restore console & readd it using the add ribbon & then make new job and check

Thanks

David_Bond
Level 5

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. It didnt remove the job that isnt associated with it, but should be.

David

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

I actually suggested to remove the affected server from backup and restore tab and then add the serverr back using add ribbon & then check.

Also if you want you can delete the job & configure the new job & see if that works too

Thanks

David_Bond
Level 5

Hi,

I did remove the server, then re-add it, the job was still in the "create a new backup using the settings from an existing backup", so wasnt deleted along with the server.

I am unable to delete the job, as it doesnt show up anywhere except in the error log, job history for the datastore, the scheduled jobs calendar and create a new backup.... All of which you can not edit or delete jobs. No jobs are in the job list for server it is attempting to backup and no job logs for the same server. It doesnt show up in the jobs list for all server when in group mode.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Hi This is tricky issue now and would require editing the bedb database to remove this orphan entry ,so please open a case with Symantec so that they can fix this for you. Thanks