cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job runs for a while then stops and stays Queued

Nigel_Neilsen
Level 2
My jobs up until about 2 weeks ago were running without a problem(note they ran fine for a year and a half prior). 2 weeks ago the jobs started running and then stopped and entered the queued status after about 1/2 of the job had been completed and would stay there. The tapes are not full and are set to overwrite. I have updated to the latest service pack and that did not help, In fact I think it made it worse before I would at least get 1 in 5 jobs to run but now I have no jobs that run successfully. I have no backups for a 2 week period because of this.

I have an exabyte VXA-2 packet loader 1x7 desktop attached via a dedicated SCSI card. I have verified with Exabyte that the hardware is loaded correctly and the drivers are installed correctly. The server is a running Windows 2003 SBS Premium.
6 REPLIES 6

John_Gathright
Level 3
Nigel

I posted a very similar problem on the forum site today as well. I was able to get around the problem (sort of) by reinstalling both the drivers for my SCSI controller (Adaptec 29160) and for my tape drive (Veritas drivers for a Certance LTO-2). Now if the backup hangs (which it still does), if I reboot my machine and resubmit the job it will normally succeed, so my problem is now sporadic but bothersome.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
When the job is in queued state, please check if the server or the device either or both are offline.
Also check the alerts tab for alerts around this time.
The event logs, system and application will have errors relate to the specific problem encountered by Backup exec which will give us a clearer picture on what is happening on your server.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Nigel_Neilsen
Level 2
neither server or device is offline. the following is in the application log.

Event Type:Error
Event Source:Backup Exec
Event Category:Devices
Event ID:33152
Date:9/15/2005
Time:2:58:44 PM
User:N/A
Computer:PE2600
Description:
Adamm Mover Error: Unload Status Failure!
Error = ERROR_IO_DEVICE
Drive = "EXABYTE 1"
{DFAB9ADA-BFF1-43A6-9761-215E2ADE3CE1}
Media = ""
{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Read Mode: SingleBlock(0), ScsiPass(0)
Write Mode: SingleBlock(1), ScsiPass(1)

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please try the solution as per this technote:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/267635

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Nigel_Neilsen
Level 2
The Link provided was not helpful as that was the way my system has always been configured. Infact RSM was disabled in the services and not running (Per Exabytes recomendation).
what else can you suggest?

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Does the system event log show any of the event ids like :7,9,11 and 15?
Please try a backup to disk and see if the problem persists.