cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install v10 Build 5520 Service Pack 1

Sean_Franzen
Level 2
Hello,

I built a new Windows 2003 server and installed version 10 of BackupExec for Windows. I selected the trial mode and an existing SQL server on my network. After the install was completed, reboot and run through first time configuration. I launched BackupExec console and everything seems fine. Then, I install 5520 Service Pack 1. It goes all the way to the end and then rolls back. The installation log has this error:

09-11-2005,22:05:16 : ERROR: Device activation error. The physical file name 'D:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data\BEDB_Log.ldf' may be incorrect.

I looked in this location and the file is present. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
1 REPLY 1

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

As per the following technote regarding 5520 SP 1, check if the files versions have changed as described in the technote:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/278701

Try the following steps:

1. Verify permissions to the directory specified in the error message, restart the backup exec services and confirm if the BEDB_log.ldf is present now
2. If the file is not present then extract the BEDB_log.ldf from the data.cab file located in the installation media ( \winnt\install\BE\data.cab ) to C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data
3. Reboot the server as per previous failed installation which requires a reboot
4. Restart installation process

If the issue persists, revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.