Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job status Queued Backup Exec 2012 SP1 with VMware 4

anonymousx
Level 2
Partner Accredited

HI everyone,

I have opened a case for this particualar problem with the 2010 version but I have not received help from symantec support and hoping it will fix I updated to version 2012 SP1, but the problem persists, the backup jobs always remain in "STATUS QUEUED " after the snapshot, this only happens to the vCenter and I need do it this way because virtuals servers are housed in a Cluster, hope you can help me

thanks in advance.
JF

6 REPLIES 6

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does this happen for any perticluar VM selected or all the VMs.

Are there any snapshot related errors reported in vcenter for those virtual machines.

Attempt to take a manual snapshot from Vsphere. Remove the check from "Snapshot the Virtual machine's memory" and check option "Quiesce guest file system." 

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Do you have enough disk space available in your datastores for snapshots to happen properly? VMware recommend a best practice of at least 20% free per datastore.

Are there any alerts pending in the job?

Thanks!

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello JF,

What if you select the VM from ESX instead of VC.... does that work? Try this step for troubleshooting purpose.

Thanks,

-Sush...

anonymousx
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Really thanks for response when I Attempted to  take a manual snapshot from Vsphere with "Snapshot the Virtual machine's memory" and check option "Quiesce guest file system."  and  works well.

anonymousx
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi CraigV

All datastores have at least 30 % of free space, and the major alerts are configured in autoresponse.

thanks,

JF 

anonymousx
Level 2
Partner Accredited

HI sush,

Yes it´s working but I need to do this through the VCenter because sometimes the VMachines  are moving between ESX nodes for many reasons.

thanks

JF.