cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job stops on "Loading Media" for about 15 minutes...

isaf-syscon
Level 2
 Hello

I'm running Backup Exec 11d, and I'm haveing some problems with running my Full System Backup jobs, that I run once a week. The diferential backup jobs runs with no trouble.
However, the full backups starts to run perfectly. After a couple of hours thoug (don't know the exact time frame), it stats to run the operation "Loading Media", for about 15 minutes or so. Then it continues the job at a speed of 200-300 MB/min  for a couple of minutes, before starting to Load media again. It makes my jobs take forever, and also stacks the incremental backup jobb! 

I've tried to restart the Backup Exec services, ans I have also tried it on multiple 750GB hard drives (that I use as media). Nothing works. 

I'm running this on Windows Server 2003 with an E-SATA connection between the server and an external "holder" for the disk.

I would really love some helt in this matter!

2 REPLIES 2

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Check the alerts to see if there is a message for "Please Insert Overwritable Media."  Make sure to check the Active Alerts and Alert History. 

isaf-syscon
Level 2
I've figured out what might be the problem... There are no active alerts such as "Please insert...". 

However, when I looked at the files that Backup Exec creates in the device, the backup fils themselves, I was stuned. The writeing of the files are fast, but for some reason the job halts at "Loading media" everytime one file has grown to it's top limit, witch I'd set to 1GB. It semes the program runs through something that takes a couple minutes, and then starts running again with the new file.

I've now configured the media to a top limit of 10GB - and I'm hoping to see some improvements - but I'll know for sure when the full backup job runs again. 

But this fault is new to me, and have never seen it on any other systems that we're running. Why is this happening? 

Thanks alot for your help!