cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L20 library with mixed drives...

Gordon_Armstron
Level 3
Hello to all...

I've got a L20 library with one LTO3 and one SDLT320 drive in it.
I'm having trouble getting BE to accept jobs involving the SDLT320 tapes.
I have no problem installing drivers, etc, and it doesn't seem to matter if I have my partitions able to use both drives or set to be specific to one drive, jobs just almost immediately fail.

Everything involving the LTO3 drive and tapes is fine.

Anyone else had problems in a mixed media library?

Thanks.

BEWS10d fully patched
The L20 is attached to its own Ultra320 SCSI controller, not a RAID card.

G.
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Just for grins, if you shut down all BackupExec services, does NTbackup see and access the second drive with no problems?

You didn't mention it, but you do have an LEO (Library Expansion Option) serial installed on the media server, right?Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Gordon_Armstron
Level 3
Thanks for the reply...

"Yes" to both of your questions.

Here's something...under the properties of the library, configuration, we have 'enable bar code rules' unchecked. If we check that box, then nothing works. Any attempt to inventory any slot/partition results in

"0x000821e - Library Error - incompatible storage media detected in robotic library."

If we uncheck it, then all operations with the LTO drive and media work fine, but the same error hits us when trying to work with the SDLT320 drive and media.

I should note that when we get these errors there isn't any library activity, the job fails within 7 seconds.

Thanks.

G.

Gordon_Armstron
Level 3
Anyone?

Gordon_Armstron
Level 3
Anyone else have any thoughts, ideas?

Thanks

G.