cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTO Autoloader+BE 9.1 some jobs went to queue

Dragan_Knezevic
Level 3
Partner Accredited
I need your help in solving some problems occurred in using of Backup Exec software.

Hardware:
SAN environment
DELL PowerEdge 1750 server
DELL PowerVault 132T LTO2 autoloader (two drives)
Brocade FC switch
EMC CX300 storage

Software:
Windows 2003 Server
Veritas Backup Exec SAN Suite 9.1

Momentary state:
PV132T with 5 LTO Medias loaded.
Three media sets have been configured in Backup Exec. Two media sets contain per one media inside. The third one is without media.
There are three free Medias that don't belong to any of the media sets.
E.g.media sets:test1 - with media in
test2 - with media in
test3 - without media in

Problem:
Starting backup job on third media set (media set that doesn't contain media - test3) doesn't work. Job went to queue and stayed in queue.
Starting backup job on some of the other two media sets (media sets that contain media, test1 or test2) work fine.
Moving media from first (test1) to third media set (test3) results that backup job can be successfully finished on third-test3 media set.
Now, the media set test1 is without media. That cause that backup job cannot be finished using that media set.

All previous backup were with default backup options.
Changing the backup options from appent to erase cause that job went to queue and a the job cannot be finished.

All previously described is very strange and I cannot explain it. I'd like to notice that I did the first installation on the system. I don't know what the customer's actions in the meantime were.
At the end I'd like to notice that the reinstallation of Backup Exec didn't resolve the problem.

Need Advice
Thanks in advance

Dragan
3 REPLIES 3

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
Hi,

Thank you for posting your query,

If we have understood your query correct then it appears that there is an issue with Tape 1. As you tried changing the Tape from Media set 1 to Media set 3 still the backup job works fine. It clears about the Media set settings.

We would suggest you to use new media/tape in remaining slot and try to perform backup.

If the Backup job still goes into queued state then drag and drop that particular media manually in Scratch media set and then target the Backup job to the same.

Verify the result.

Hope this helps.

We hope this information helps, if you have any other questions please respond to the post and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress. However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply