cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library Expansion Option - Please Help!!!

Camel
Level 3
Hi All,

I am trying to trial backup Exec 11d, resdiing on a Dell server with an Overland neo Series twin LTO3 tape library.

I installed Backup Exec as a trial, with the 3 options selected:

Backup Exec for Windows Servers
      Tape Device Drivers
      Online Documentation
      Enable Robotic Library Support

Backup Exec can see the device and the twin tape drives, but will not use them both at once. I can use both drives, but only one at a time.

Is this a limitation of the tiral? Do I need to getr hold of a key to get a working trial, to "unlock" this facility?

Please help, my reseller is promising me answers, but I am getting nowhere!

Chris.

5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Should work in trial mode, but you will definitely need an LEO serila when you go to poroduction mode

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Should work in trial mode, but you will definitely need an LEO serial when you go to production mode

Camel
Level 3
This was my understanding - when installing you get the message: "Under the trial version many options are enabled that you would normally need to pay for" etc

My testing went along the following lines:

Disable drive 1
Run a backup job to drive 2 (files from the local backup server)
Enable drive 1, then disable drive 2
Restore the files to a different location, using drive 1.

Then repeat but with opposite drives enabled / disabled.

When doing this I have no problems.

I shall go back to studying the error logs :(

Ken, are you a Symantec employee or connected to the product via the reseller channel? or just an experienced user?

(Thanks for your response by the way)

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Just a long time user Smiley Tongue

Unless they have changed it for v11d, ALL options should be available in DEMO with no serials.  May need a Symantec Employee to verify this

Sergiu
Level 3
The vast majority seem to be, though I was unable to test multiple library support and a few others - but otherwise yes, it's pretty much unlocked.