cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library Expansion Option unable to install

CsabaP
Level 2

I installed and licensed BE 2014. I got an error: "Library Expansion Option Violation. This server is licensed to support 0 tape drives in robotic libraries."
I use IBM TS3200/3573TL library with 2 drives, SAS connection. It's working corretly. In device manager appear two IBM ULT3580-HH5 device. 
On BE License Information Page: Library Expansion Option  -> Licensed: Yes; Installed: No

(I restarted all services and server after installation.)
When I want to select features to install: "Enable Robotic Library Support" item not appear.

How can I install this option?

Many thanks.
Csabap

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
The core BE comes with one LEO license which is what you got. In the install license and options procedure did you get to the part which allows you to select which option to install? If you had purchased a LEO license for your second drive, did you install it. If you did not purchase a second LEO license and want to use only one drive, then you need to disable the second drive. Otherwise, you will get license violation error messages

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Do you have purchased a Library Expansion Option ?
If not, you should.

If you have one, it probably needs to be installed in Backup Exec.

In BE, go to:

Installation and Licenses ---> Install Options and Licenses on this Backup Exec Server.

CsabaP
Level 2

I have not any Library Expansion Option,but it writes Library Expansion Option  -> Licensed: Yes

False it?

If I did not purchase this option, can BackupExec use one drive?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
The core BE comes with one LEO license which is what you got. In the install license and options procedure did you get to the part which allows you to select which option to install? If you had purchased a LEO license for your second drive, did you install it. If you did not purchase a second LEO license and want to use only one drive, then you need to disable the second drive. Otherwise, you will get license violation error messages

CsabaP
Level 2

Thanks.