cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Confusion: Entitlement to Upgrade

sul
Level 3

Hi,

I have an academic license for Symantec Backup Exec 2014 (Part # 0L3LWZF1-EI1AS), which I purchased last year in march but did not install and activate until just now.  I also have 12 months of  purchased of essential support (Part #0L3LWZZ1-EI1I0) which ends in March 2016.

Can someone help me understand whether or not I am entitled to an upgrade to Backup Exec 2015?

Many thanks!

-sul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Would suggest you use the support phone number and choose one of the non-Tech Support options in the phone system choices to get through to Customer Care. They should be able to assist with checking your maintenance and confirming if what you purchased entitles you to updated BE 15 licenses.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Would suggest you use the support phone number and choose one of the non-Tech Support options in the phone system choices to get through to Customer Care. They should be able to assist with checking your maintenance and confirming if what you purchased entitles you to updated BE 15 licenses.

sul
Level 3

Thanks!

I was able to contact technical support (option 1).  The agent added the company associated with my license certificate to my account.  I wonder if there was a way to do that without calling tech support?  Anyway, once the account/certificate was added to my account, the rest of the stuff was simple: just had to "return" the old licenses (by clicking the return button) and generate the new licenses.  After which I was successfully able to install BE 15 and the agents.

-sul.