cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Invalid for Box Product

Brian_Snyder
Level 2
Hello, My company has purchased 2 copies of Symantec Backup Exec 11d for Small Business Servers Standard with continuous Protection Server
These were both a sealed boxed Product

I was able to register the Serial Number on both of them, and I received a License Key. Both of these keys gave me an Invalid Key when trying to put them into the installer. I have used the installer off the cd that came with the boxed product as well as the Download one.

I have talked to Symantec Licensing and they tell me they are both Valid Serial Numbers and License Keys. Another guy had told me they don't support Boxed products and I am suppose to get the license key from are vendor. Are vendor says they have no access to license keys what so ever. Every direction I have taken has lead nowhere, other than calling Tech support and getting charged for something that simply just doesn't work.

So does anyone know what the deal is? I have never had a problem installing any of the prior versions of Veritas 8, 9, 10, 10d but this new 11d I just can't get past the invalid license key.
6 REPLIES 6

maxi_maximus
Level 4
The license keys what options\agents are they for?

And where are you entering the keys the reason i ask this is that you mentioned CPS? Are you entering the keys during the BE install? When you called support they should been able to test the keys for you!

Brian_Snyder
Level 2
Symantec Backup Exec 11d for Small Business Servers Standard with continuous Protection Server

Is a Boxed product package for Small Busniness, kind of like Windows Server 2003 Small Business Server

It basicly has just the license for Backup Exec only but with CPS no agents.
Symantec License has told me the Key I reiceved was Valid, I said that in my first post. However the installer says otherwise.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Brian,

http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=69331&tstart=0

There's about six of these posts in the last few days.

David_Kosenko
Not applicable
Sorry for what may be a dumb question, but are you installing this on Windows SBS?

Dave

Brian_Snyder
Level 2
No, do you think the product will only work with Windows SBS?

Steve_Broomell
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Backup Exec SBS serial numbers can only be installed on SBS.