cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License requirement for Netware agents

lobsw
Level 3
Hi,

I have about 40 netware 6.5 servers and 8 WIndow servers. I have one BackupExec for Window V12.5 media server. When I purchase the system, pre-sale tech support told me I do not need any license for Netware 6.5 as far as I do not require Netware SMS. I implement the media server and install the netware agent form the source disc to 11 of my 40 netware server. The system run fine since Decemember 08 but it fail during this weekend's full backup. The error is 0Xe0009418. According to the document in support knowledge base, this is because I do not have a valid license.

I have a questions now is that "Do I need a license for Netware agent " I do not use netware SMS on my file servers.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
It has been many versions since I've suported Netware, but BEWS will not connect in any way to a Windows server without a RAWS serial installed.  Similarly, unless you have a RALUS serial installed,  BackupExec will not connect to a *Nix server

based on this, I'd say that you need a RANW serial installed on the media server just to connect to the Netware server at all

Don't know why it took 8 months to finally fail, but options will install as 60-day trials in v12.x