cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licenses, keys, etc.

GeekMan
Level 3

We're in somewhat of a pickle...

Our IT Manager left 2 months ago.  Our senior NW Admin left yesterday.

We've been having trouble with our backups for the last several months.  Because of the 2 people just mentioned, being gone, I started looking into our backup issue last week.

We originally had v10.x installed.  Then it LOOKS like we got keys to upgrade to v11.x, which apparently we never did.  When I started working with BUE last week, we already had v12.x installed.

I wound up applying SP2 and 2 hotfixes, so BUE appears to be happy now.  But...

I can't get the backup for our Exchange Server to work.  ( No Exchange Agent, just RAS Agent. )

I can't tell where I stand with licenses & keys.  I've been all thru the Mgr's emails searching for keys.  I can find NOTHING for v12.  The only docs I could find where we were/are _supposed_ to be keeping such information, was one spreadsheet with 4 keys for v10.x  ( BUE, SQL, Exchange, RAS. )  And I have no idea how many RAS licenses this is for.

The guy that left yesterday was thinking it was just 4.  ( 4 is the number of servers that had jobs set up. )  And this didn't include the domain controllers, our help desk, Ghost or LanDesk servers.  ( And we have others. )  The way I got the backups that are working...to work...was to uninstall RAS on the server in question, then reinstall it.  This didn't work for the Exchange server.

I've checked into the  BESERNUM file in the WINSOWS directory.  It only shows BUE, SQL & Exchange...no RAS at all.

Is there some person/dept I can call at Symantec to find out what THEY think we're supposed to have?

At this point I don't know what else to do.  We NEED to get a good backup of the Exchange server.  ( I HAVE to install the Exchange Agent to get a proper backup of the Exchange Server, right?  I mean, it isn't sufficient to just get a backup of the entire server working, is it?

I know this is asking a lot, and I apologize.  Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NicholasC
Level 4

I would recommend contacting the Enterprise Customer Care Team at 800-721-3934

They can assist with trying to find your licenses. They will need more information than just your activation keys as they are generic and cannot be exlucsively searched by so to speak, we would need additional information such as:

• Company name and address {and possible variations}
  • Sales Order Number
  • Certificate Number
  • Serial Numbers {Begin with an "B" or "M" followed by 10 numbers}
  • Support Identifier
  • RTSM ID number {these were printed prominently on the certificates that were issued by Veritas if you do not have any Symantec Certificates}

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NicholasC
Level 4

I would recommend contacting the Enterprise Customer Care Team at 800-721-3934

They can assist with trying to find your licenses. They will need more information than just your activation keys as they are generic and cannot be exlucsively searched by so to speak, we would need additional information such as:

• Company name and address {and possible variations}
  • Sales Order Number
  • Certificate Number
  • Serial Numbers {Begin with an "B" or "M" followed by 10 numbers}
  • Support Identifier
  • RTSM ID number {these were printed prominently on the certificates that were issued by Veritas if you do not have any Symantec Certificates}

GeekMan
Level 3

Thanks, I appreciate the info.  I'll try that in a little while.

NicholasC
Level 4
Hi tom, the person you spoke to was able to find the information?