cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing specific agents in A-P clusters

florinchirila
Level 3
Partner Accredited
According to the BE 12.5 Licensing guide, in an active-passive cluster running some specific apps (Exchange, SQL...) I only need to license the active node with a specific agent. My question is: do I need to buy a plain AWS license for the passive node ? Or will the agent license cover the passive node for the OS part as well ?
Same question for a A-P clustered Media Server.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
 Hi 

You have to install the plain RAWS on both the nodes of the cluster .  The thing that activates what application you can see in the virtual node is decided by the license you insert on the Backup exec server .
In other words , there is nothing called as plain AWS or application specific AWS, It's the license that activates that feature.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
 Hi 

You have to install the plain RAWS on both the nodes of the cluster .  The thing that activates what application you can see in the virtual node is decided by the license you insert on the Backup exec server .
In other words , there is nothing called as plain AWS or application specific AWS, It's the license that activates that feature.