cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Duplicate to Tape Failure - NDMP Server

Ali_Dovey
Level 2

Hi there,

I'm currently getting a failure when trying to duplicate an NDMP disk backup to tape.

The error message I recieve is below -

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server. Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that the password was typed correctly.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65065

When testing the credentials for the server however I always get a 'Success' as a result.

This duplicate is linked to a weekly NDMP backup which always completes as a Successful Job yet the linked duplicate fails every time.

I have ran a manual duplicate to tape of the weekly backup and this has completed Successfully (Very strange!).

Also, I have a seperate backup job for my VMware servers which also has a duplicate to tape job but this job completes Successfully.

Any help would be massively appreciated,

Thanks,

Ali

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Verbatim from KB -

With Backup Exec 12.5 and above, both NDMP data and NON-NDMP data selections can be combined in one selection list or job.  If the selection list contains NDMP selections and is applied to a policy with a backup template and duplicate template, the duplicate job will fail with a credential error. 

Does this apply to your case ?

Ali_Dovey
Level 2

Thanks for the reply,

I have seen this knowledgebase and looked into the hotfix however the hotfix states that the affected versions are Backup Exec 12.5 (32bit, 64 bit).

As I am running Backup Exec Server 14.0 (2012) I assumed this hotfix wasn't applicable?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes, the HF would not be applicable...However, as a test, can you separate the NDMP & non NDMP selections & re-try the dupe ?