cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Update no longer finds any products

WMTR_Admin
Level 4

We renewed our Maintenence and received 2012 license files. We are still running BE2010R3 for the forseeable future, and will need to evaluate  2012 a bit to determine if we have any issues that need corrected before taking it live. Live Update no longer finds any products to update in BE2010R3 and there is "NONE" listed under Maintenence contract information. What process do I need to follow to activate or register our maintence agreement. etc into our current installation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WMTR_Admin
Level 4

Let's go ahead and close this out... I can reopen or create a new one if needed. I'm setting up a sandbox to test BE2012 now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Try the -optout / -optin switches below after the AddBE switch (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH52744:(

More information regarding the BeUpdateOps tool:
The Backup Exec LiveUpdate utility (BeUpdateOps.exe) allows users to change Live Update settings and allow Backup Exec to opt in or out of receiving updates when the other Symantec applications run LiveUpdate. The utility is run from the command line, and comes with the following switches:
AddBE - This will register Backup Exec with LiveUpdate. This allows Backup Exec to receive updates from LiveUpdate.
RemoveBE - This will unregister Backup Exec with LiveUpdate. Patches will not be downloaded and installed from LiveUpdate. They will have to be manually downloaded and installed.
OptIn - This will set Backup Exec to be updated whenever LiveUpdate is run. For example, if running LiveUpdate from within Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP), it will update Backup Exec.
OptOut - This will set Backup Exec to be updated only when LiveUpdate is launched from within Backup Exec.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are considering using LiveUpdate to update to 2012, then not possible...LiveUpdate will provide only service packs, hotfixes etc but not a major release...

If you have updated your maintenance contract, then you can run the renewal assistance from License & Maintenance info & enter the updated serial numbers

WMTR_Admin
Level 4

No, don't want to use it for 2012, we just upgraded to 2010R3 and are still working some bugs out of that upgrade. We need to keep it current until we are ready to take 2012 live. We've downloaded the 2012 ISO and have license files. We will need to test it out a it before deploying. Running the renewal assistance is probably what we are looking for.

All of the new S/N's are associated with BE2012.... Will this be an issue for our BE2010R3 install that is currently in production?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There would not be any impact to your current BE setup if you dont enter these serial numbers...

ideally the maintenence contract information would connect over to the internet to licensing portal & then retrieves the maintenance info from there....not sure if you can actually add 2012 serial numbers, but again no issue for your current setup..

WMTR_Admin
Level 4

Let's go ahead and close this out... I can reopen or create a new one if needed. I'm setting up a sandbox to test BE2012 now.