cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liveupdate automatically installs hotfixes

Kristina
Level 2

Backup Exec 12.0 Rev. 1364 (media server and admin console)

Installed on Win2k3 Standard, SP2 and up to date patches through August

Using MSDE, not SQL 

I have Live Update set to run weekly and to notify me of updates. I just noticed in the alerts that it has been downloading and installing the hotfixes without notifying me. (I set this in Tools, Options, Live Update. Enabled scheduled automatic updates is checked and the 2nd radial for "Only notify me of available updates" is checked.)

How do I fix this so it notifies me without installing? I did some searching on the forums and kb, but didn't find anything.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Kristina

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Buckley_2
Level 3

I am having the same issue.  I have disabled the automatic updates in tools-options-LiveUpdate but it is still installing the updates.  We also run symantec Endpoint from the same server.  I believe that is the issue.  However it is set for interactive mode for installation which is supposed to let me choose which updates are installed.  I cannot just install anything and reboot whenever I want due to SOX regulations.

JohnSmith
Level 2

take a look at this document.  http://support.veritas.com/docs/304395.  I just installed it today.  I think this will fix the problem.  I was in the same situation like both of you.  I opened a ticket with Symantec support a couple weeks ago.  Still got no resolution from support.  What support said was to turn it back on and set it to "Only notify me of ...."

I was suprised that Symantec support does not provide this doc when calling for assistance.  I found this out thru browsing this forum.   The level of support has gone down lately.