cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Media Error

Geovanni_Rivas
Level 2
Hi,

I have a Power Vault 110T back up drive connect it to a windows 2003 server and I get the same message everyday ( Loading Media ) all I'm trying to do is backup my local files.

Thank You.
4 REPLIES 4

Mark_Hinchee
Level 3
I have a similiar problem
However my hardware is a Dell PE2650 connected to a Dell PV132T.
The problem is that i need to be able to schedule jobs to run on specific days. Not according to a recuring schedule as the scheduling does not allow for this unless i pick the specific dates and add them to an "Include list".
When i do this, the jobs just sit there and will tell me they are trying to load media.
I can "run a job now" that will pick the tape and backup everything fine.
Here is an error log from one of the jobs that is not working:
BEGIN LOG
Job Log for Tuesday_W2
Completed status: Canceled, timed out Expand AllCollapse All
Job Information
Job server: GALRS3
Job name: Tuesday_W2
Job started: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 11:00:01 PM
Job type: Backup
Job Log: BEX00206.xml
Error - Mount failed.
User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation.
Job Completion Status
Job ended: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 at 8:00:46 AM
Completed status: Canceled, timed out
Final error: 0x0 -
Final error category: Other Errors
Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Error - Mount failed.
User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation.
/END LOG

Again this only happens when selecting: Schedule->Run according to schedule-> Specific dates-> include, more than one date and the tape is set to overwrite. Appending works. Maybe a call to the support line would work better.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are you sure that the tape is not overwrite protected?

Is there an active Alert to insert an overwriteable tape?

Mark_Hinchee
Level 3
Upon further investigation I found that the overwrite protection was set to prompt.
I killed that option and will see how my backups run tonight.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

With referance to your post, 'loading media', we need to know if the problem persists. As per the previous replies to this post, have you checked the overwrite protection and append periods? Also what are you backing up in this job? Is it an overwrite job?
The first job directed towards a blank media should be overwrite job, the subsequent can be append jobs.
Do update us if the problem persists and we shall try to answer. Do provide the details to the above questipns too.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.