cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon Account Selection Denied

mike_fiss
Level 3
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

Unable to attach to \\WAEX\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Unable to attach to \\WAEX\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders.
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

----------------------------------------------

Those are the errors I am getting with the backup of our Exchange 2003 Server. From what I gathered the system logon account isn't able to access the mailboxes and public folders of exchange.

It used to work great but just noticed that the backup job fails after 3hrs/25gb of data. Older backups that worked ran about 6hrs/40gb of data.

I have tried resetting password for the system logon account and even tried making a new one with a totally different account in AD.

Thanks in advance to your suggestions.
2 REPLIES 2

mike_fiss
Level 3
bump

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Refer to the following technote which might help:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266177

Also check the following:

- the remote agent service should be running under the local system account
- the account used to backup exchange mailboxes has admin rights, full exchange rights
- it should not be hidden from the global address list
- it should have a unique mailbox in exchange.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.