cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon Account "administrator" failed to access exchange remote

Simon_Rutley-Fr
Level 2
I have a new server with exchabge 2003 on it. I have instaleld the remote agent which installed fine, but now when I click on the remote sever then the MS Exchange Mailboxes and get an error no matter what I try

The error is "Logon account "username" failed to access "\\servername\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes2 Access is denied.

I have tried trolling throught the newsgroup and tried everything I can find but now I need some specific help pretty please.

Any ideas, many thanks

Simon RF
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are you using "Connect As" to get to the mailboxes, or just using the BackupExec service account?

If the former, when you log on as the "Connect As" account, can you attach to other mailboxes?

If the latter, when you logon to the media server as the BackupExec service account, can you attach to other Mailboxes?

Simon_Rutley-Fr
Level 2
I am not quite sure what you mean.

I have tried making an account called BackupExec and making that log on members of domain admins, enterprise admins and anything with exchange in it.

Then gave control of exchange to to this user too, but it still won't connect to the mailboxes. I can select any other folder on the server just not exchange.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please try the following technotes to troubleshoot the issue.
Title:
Troubleshooting basic "access denied" and "access is denied" messages in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/266075

Title:
"Logon Account " " failed to access "\\SERVER\Microsoft Exchange Mailbox". Access Denied." is returned when attempting to select Microsoft Exchange mailboxes.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/273168

Please revert with the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Simon_Rutley-Fr
Level 2
http://support.veritas.com/docs/273168

This is the document that helped me, thank you very much I appreciate it.

Simon RF

Francesco_Scini
Not applicable
where would I see the Backup Exec service account? In AD, I'm using the Find option under my domain, but I can't see any veritas or backup exec account. thx

Sean_Smith_2
Level 3
I have constant problems when people reset the administrator password on the server I work on (We have a generic login for administration only, but not everyone follows the right procedures.)

I had to write up these instructions and I hope they work for you. First, make sure you have a local administrator account on the machine and then proceed as follows...

- Select , .
- Select �Change Service Account Info� and add information. Only add domain on domain line, not as part of user name.
- Go to , , .
- Select �Backup Exec Remote Agent�. Go to tab. Make sure �Local System� is checked. Restart service.
- Back in Veritas, select , .
- Select the account, hit ,
- Change password.
- Create new test job from existing Daily job. (Do not use existing test job, if it fails once it ALWAYS fails.)
- Uncheck everything except �Credentials�
- Check �Use Previous Job History if Available.�
- The test should only take a few seconds.

If the test fails, select , and make sure it is started. If not, start all services.

I apologize if this was too simple of an answer and your problem was more complex.Best of luck!