cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon account "?????" failed to access "server". Access is denied.

Level 2
I have a 2k server running Veritas 9.1. I have multiple remote agents running on a variety of 2k and NT 4.0 servers. I am getting the above error trying to connect to an NT 4.0 server, therefore, recently, I am not getting a good backup of that box.

Suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you logon to the media server as the BackupExec Service account, can you access the Admin Shares on this NT4 box from Windoes Explorer?

Put another way - Does the BackupExec service account ID have rights on the NT4 server?

Level 2
I can browse the shares without a problem.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Hmmm

in the baclup selections pane, right click the problem box and select "Attach As"

give it a different account that also has rights (a local admin account or a domain admin account and see what happens

(use the format remote-machine-name\account-name to specify a local admin account)Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Level 2
I will try that today. Thanks for the ideas. Either way, I will reply to this thread to give you an update.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

This is with reference to your post regarding the errror you would get while backing up remote servers- 'access denied'. Has the problem been resolved. If it persists, you can also follow the steps given in the technote given below:

Title:Troubleshooting basic "access denied" and "access is denied" messages in Backup Exec 9.x
http://support.veritas.com/docs/266075

Let us know if the problem is resolved. However if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply