cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Domino Agent gets stuck

autotype
Level 3
I have a situation where the Domino agent gets stuck backing up files from our Domino Server.

One day it will work perfectly, the next day the backup will get stuck backing on a particular file (the job will just run forever) Usually these are files that are accessed quite often such as log.nsf, mail.box etc.

The second problem is that agent seems to totally get stuck, and it is not possible to cancel the job without restarting the Vertitas media server. The Domino server also needs to be restarted to run the job again, which is not good.

The .NSF files in question are definately not corrupt (I have run compact and fixup).

What can I do? Should I install the Open File option as well?
9 REPLIES 9

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

In order to troubleshoot, we would like to know whether it is a local backup or a remote backup.

Please revert back to us with the details of the backup.

Thanks

autotype
Level 3
It's a remote backup to a Domino 6.5.3 server. The files that the backup can get stuck on (so far) are:

mail.box (or mail1.box, mail2.box)
log.nsf
ukspam.nsf (a user mail database)

Sagar_Kamat_2
Level 6
Thank you for updating us on this issue. This has been seen in a few cases. We suggest you to use Advanced Open File Option(AOFO) to backup Lotus Domino Files to isolate the issue.

autotype
Level 3
After I install the AOFO option on the remote server, do I just then use the Domino Agent as normal to backup the databases?

autotype
Level 3
Installing A0FA doesn't help.

I had the same problem AGAIN but on a different users mail file this morning.

Dipti_Chinchole
Level 6
Due to the complexity of your issue, resolution will require the personal attention of a VERITAS representative.
Please contact us through your local support number.You can see a list of support numbers at our support web site:
http://support.veritas.com/prodlist_path_phone.htm

Please note that you may be charged for this service.
For the latest details on pricing, please visit http://support.veritas.com/srv_portfolio/srvc_pricing_matrix.htm

VERITAS Technical Services also provides an extensive knowledgebase at our support web site. This is the same knowledgebase that our support engineers use to help identify and troubleshoot problems. You may search our knowledgebase at:
http://seer.support.veritas.com

There will be no charge for calls where the problem is found to be a defect in our product.

Zsolt_Friedrich
Level 4
Dear Sir!

We also have the same issue, and an additional problem! We tried to get Veritas support here, in Hungary, but our dealer said we should connect directly to Veritas support. I tried this in e-mail, but the answer was to call a support center. There is no support center in Hungary. Could we call a support center in an other country (ie. UK, Austria is closer, but my english skills are far better, than german)?

Lee_Royle
Level 2
I too have this issue.

The job on the media server is under the impression that it is running yet no more data is being added to the job.

If you try and cancel the job. The status changes to cancel pending and yet it never stops. You end up needing to reboot the media server.

On the domino server side you need to also reboot the server because the backup agent service refuses to stop.

If you try and run a new backup job without rebooting the domino server then it will fail with the error:

e00084bf - A restore Job is already in progress. Rerun your job, after the current job has finished.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33983

Any ideas?

Lee_Royle
Level 2
I have noticed that although I was running Build 5520 on the media server it was an older version of the agent on the domino server. I will update on if this makes a difference.