cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes Email Notification Problem

Gary_Z
Level 2
I am trying to set up event email notification through Lotus Notes R6.5.1 using the VIM mail set up. I have the directory entered but I am not sure what password to enter. To access the client on my server, no password is required. If I do not enter a password and click on Apply, I get the error message V-19-310-I-25.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Hmm, I am not sure if a blank password will work for VIM notifications, it may be required field. Perhaps just to make sure that is the root cause of your issue, create a profile with a password and set it up under VIM notifications and use the test button to confirm it works. At least then there is no doubt that is the problem.

Gary_Z
Level 2
Sorry, but I am not sure what you mean to set-up a profile with a password. I am not at the point of trying to select any recipients for the notifications, I can't get the initial set-up of the VIM parameters entered. From the help doc, the password entered should be the same one needed to launch the notes client on the server. Sorry if I'm not making sense, but I'm new to this Backup Exec software.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Oops, sorry as well... I lapsed into MAPI speak... Yes, as noted in the help docs try launching the Notes client with a user which requires a password. By setting up a new profile, I meant to set up Notes on the media server with a user accound id which requires the password. BE will use that account and password to attach to the database to read the user list and send email to the recipients you set up.

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
Kindly refer Administrative Guide of Backup Exec for Windows 10.0 ( Page number 550 )

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide (English)

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/269777.htm

We hope this helps.

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
We presume that the step mentioned above has solved your problem. Let us know if the problem still exists and revert back with the error message.