cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes mail files not backed up

andy2
Level 4
I have just been checking our tape backups with a view to testing if our Lotus Notes data files are recoverable from tape, as opposed to our hard disc storage - and there are no datafiles on the tapes. 

For the avoidance of doubt we have the Notes Agent installed and the mail files were not is use at the time of the back up - our routine closes the Notes server as the backupo starts

Why are Notes mail files not backed up?  - this is a really critical eror here

Thanks

Andy

2 REPLIES 2

andy2
Level 4
Given I can see no response and this in mission critical for us, I have now deleted version 11D and am using Veritas 8.6 while awaiting a response from you- again you have about 24 hours against the deadline on my other queries that I note have no respose as yet.

Best

Andy

Stephan_Zerth
Level 3
Hi Andy,

that's the way it goes in this nice shiny 'support' forum...

No answers at all, useless answers like "it's a feature, not a bug" or "works as designed" or even "It's probably a bug, you have to call us to open a case" (and wait hours on the phone)...

Anyway: I guess you're using Domino 5.x ?

If so: It's not supported anymore under 11d. But if you do a offline backup anyway, it's imho better not to use the Lotus Agent. A simple file backup will do perfectly

Best Regards