cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPI configuration error

Not applicable
When I try to configure mail alert to inform whether the jobs are completed or failed, I am getting the below error.

I am tryin gto configure the MAPI configuration and the error is "An unspecified MAPI client error has occured. check the configuration settings for the MAPI client (for example, microsoft outlook) and try again".

I have gone through the veritas admin guide and this does not involve any special configuration except giving the mailbox anme.
3 REPLIES 3

Varsha
Level 6
Given below is a technote which is related to your issue.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255032.htm

We hope this helps.

anoop_nair_2
Level 6
Hi,

This error occurs if Microsoft Outlook is installed after Backup Exec. And hence, Backup Exec does not recognize the MAPI client (Outlook) though it is installed on the machine. To avoid getting this message, please recycle Backup Exec services and then, attempt to set the configure the MAPI settings. If this step does not succeed, please use the following steps to help resolve the issue:

1. Stop Backup Exec services.

2. Copy the file MAPI32.DLL >> \Program Files\ Common Files \ System \
MAPI \ 1033 \ NT \ MAPI32.DLL to NT folder >> \ Program Files \ Veritas \
Backup Exec\NT

3. Start Backup Exec services.

4. Change the profile name to one that is different from the user account name. For example, if the username is "Veritas", we recommend you to create the profile as "ProfForVeritas" which is different from the username itself

5. Enter the fully qualified Mailbox name while setting up the MAPI notification.

Sagar_Kamat_2
Level 6
Please let us know the status of the post. If the issue is not resolved, please get back to us.