cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OSX 10.4.11 agent (12.5.2213) install failure.

CJensen
Level 2
Hello-

I'm trying to install the agent onto an xserve running 10.4.11. I unarchived the Agent, then opened Terminal and did the following:
"cd" to installer folder.
sudo ./installrams

The install process begins. It asks for names separated by spaces on which to install RALUS, followed by the current server in parens. I just press enter, and it checks OS Version/System support and passes. It then states is is going to install VRTSralus, and again I press enter. It checks system Install requirements, RALUS install requirements, and then it says install requirements checks completed successfully. I press enter again.

It then asks for the Media Server's IP, to which I supply it with a valid address.

Next, it states it's "Checking VTRSralus package........... not installed", I press return, and then it shows it's trying to install VTRSralus 12.5.2213 on servername ..... failed to install. The log displays the following:

VxIF::Info:: Exiting CPIDarwin::install_native_package - success
VxIF::Info:: Entering CPIDarwin::get_instpkgvers
VxIF::Info:: Found version
VxIF::Info:: Unable to add VRTSralus to (IP address)
VxIF::Info:: Entering CPICommon:cleanup_temporary_directory
VxIF::Info:: Entering RALUSCommon::get_product_title
VxIF::Info:: Entering RALUSCommon::get_product_version
VxIF::Error:: Error in install_product_packages, target host == (IP Address).
VxIF::Info:: Unable to install RALUS on all target hosts.
VxIF::Error:: Unable to install RALUS on the target systems.

Any thoughts on the issue? Don't see anything that really provides much information as to why the install actually fails.
3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Try downloading the agent again . and run the install .

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
When you are running the install command, are you running ./installralus or ./installrams.  The correct install is ./installrams.  I have provide the technote for instlaling RAMS below. 

http://support.veritas.com/docs/306199

CJensen
Level 2
Installrams. As per the post. It seems to be failing at your step 11 in the technote. I follow everything up until that point properly.

I will try downloading the agent again next week.