cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

MacroVirus is installed and up to date, realtime scanning is on

Ladyphoenix3
Not applicable
I recently cleaned spyware from a friend's computer. In the process, I had windows security center tell me that MacroVirus was an antivirus program that is up to date and real time scanning is on. I searched for rootkits as well as spyware and removed all I located. I also scanned the root drive manually and searched it using a dos boot disk. I could not find the file that tells the system this information. When I went to install her anitvirus program, it warned me that having more than one antivirus program would cause problems-a bit of info I was already aware of-but the real program has no problems and the system does not crash. I am assuming this means I removed everything but the part that tells the system that it is present, up to date and real time scanning is functioning. It is obvious to me that it is only telling the system these things and is actually doing nothing more. Still, it upsets me that I could not find and remove that part of the file as well. This is the only time I have seen this particular one. If you go on line to search for it, you find a site that claims to sell you their MacroVirus antivirus. Has anyone else come across this problem and if so how did you find it and remove it?
0 REPLIES 0