cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Overwrite Protection is configured to prompt before overwriting media

ASMB_Support
Level 3
How do I set this to Default YES! This thing hangs each day now because of this. I have set the alerts to 1 minute and I have answered Yes To All several times. This is getting very frustrating!!

Also, Job Finished notifications are almost 12 hours late...

TB
4 REPLIES 4

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Under Tools\Options\Media Management there is a checkbox for "Prompt before overwriting imported media" if you are using partial protection, and a similar one for if you are using none. If these are checked, and you DO NOT want to be prompted, uncheck them and your issue should go away.

Just be sure that's what you want.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If these are NOT imported tapes, change the Overwrite Protection Period of the media set so that the tapes have expired when they are due to be re-used (6 days for dalies, 27 days for weeklies etc

Also, if you have opted to have BackupExec eject the media after the job has run, the timer for the job will not stop (the job will not "end") until you respond to the "Remove Media" alert or lift the handle of a DLT type drive.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
The second option is for no protection, but also include allocated tapes, not just imported, in the prompt before overwriting option.

Mani_2
Level 6
Hello,

Further to the above replies refer the following Technote for more information.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192265.htm