cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Pool: Insufficient Space?

achadmin
Level 3

I am having difficulties having my jobs recognize my tape drive that for some reason when I do a "Test Run" on my backup jobs, it is complaining that I have insufficient disk space even though I am only trying to backup 10GB for test run...

-- The job failed with the following error: The test run has detected a potential problem. See the job log for details.

Media Check
Online media check   : Insufficient online or nearline media is available to start job.
Overwrite media check: There is no media online or nearline that can be overwritten or the job has been marked append/terminate.
Media check status   : Failed

Media Capacity Check
Device                   : HP 0001
Online append capacity : 0.000 MB
Online overwrite capacity: 0.000 MB
Total append capacity    : 0.000 MB
Total overwrite capacity : 0.000 MB
Capacity check status    : Failed

Error                  : e0008703 - The test run has detected a potential problem. See the job log for details.

I have followed adding my tape device via the wizard and was able to recognize it through Configure Devices and Configure Media Sets also Initialized and did inventory on my device.

Can anyone please advise? I have an HP LTO-1/8 G2 Autoloader with SCSI Ultrium U55W Connector. 8 Slots with LTO Tapes

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Run an actual backup & not a test run as the test run will fail if backing up to a newly added Tape or B2D...run a small actual backup as the new device will get initialized & then you could  attempt a test backup again