cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Report not printing

cmwitt
Level 3
Windows 2008 R2 Standard, BackupExec 12.5 SP3, I have a Report Job scheduled to list recently written media (what job wrote to what media label) in the last 24 hours.  The job has multiple recipients, email and printers.  The report runs fine, and the email recipients receive the job notification, and the report as an attachment.  The printers just print the job notification and the report does not print.  If I open the job history for the report, I see the report listed, and if I click print from the server, the report prints on the defined printers.  This exact configuration is working successfully on a Windows 2003 Enterprise 32 bit server.
Any suggestions on getting the report to print automatically?
7 REPLIES 7

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello

Try the following step

For reports in an HTML format, do the following:

• To ensure the reports print correctly, in the Layout tab of the Print dialog box, under Orientation, select Landscape.

• To print all the pages in a multiple page report, in the Options tab of the Print dialog box, select Print all linked documents.

If all the data does not print in an HTML-formatted report, you may need to edit the page setup for the report. To edit the page setup, open Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then on the File menu, click Page Setup. Under Header and Footers, delete the Header and Footer and then under Margins, set the Left and Right margins to the minimum setting that your printer will accept.

cmwitt
Level 3
Any more suggestions anyone?  As I said, if I open the report and print it manually, it prints without issue.  The issue I have it getting the report to print during a report job that is scheduled.  The same job sends the report via email, and it prints the job notice, but not the actual report.

cmwitt
Level 3
bump

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

is the printer setup for the user that is the Backup Exec Service account - or just the user that is logged onto the console when you test your printing? Printer configuration in Windows is held in the user profiles so if your servixe account user has no printing configured in their profile it may not work.. Note it has to be the service account user as Backup processes tend to run at night when no console is logged in

If you don't know then logon to the server console as the service account user and make sure printing is configured (in Windows) for that user - followed by testing the report printing whilst logged in as that user and then again when you schedule a job.

cmwitt
Level 3
for the service account, the job status prints, but not the report that should be with it.

cmwitt
Level 3
bump

cmwitt
Level 3
bump