cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Sharepoint 2010 Backup fails

deepraj
Level 4

We are using Microsoft Sharepoint Services 2010 and few weeks before the server got crashed but fortunately we were having the BESR image of the server with us and we restored the image successfully. Then we tried to restore the backup but while restoring the backup it gave the error which are related to metada. Now the situation is like that we are not able to take the backup of share point server with the selection list and we tried to backup by creating a new job but no luck. But the same selection list was working in our old server (before crash) and the same backup and restore as well are not working with this new server. I am failed to understand what is wrong with server and below are the errors which i am getting on the Backup media server:

Job Completion Status:

Final error: 0xe000031a - Unable to query the team database metadata. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-794

Error: 

Backup- Search Service Application\Proxy (FTINDSPPUAT01\b2ca2885-1d68-47b2-bd9b-a0acb68b7e6e)
V-79-57344-794 - Error: Unable to query the Team database meta-data. 

So please any body can help me in this issue...

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You did not mention the version of BE that you are using.  Sharepoint 2010 is only supported by BE 2010 R2 or R3.

deepraj
Level 4

Sorry for the delayed reply. We are using Sharepoint 2007 and backup exec 2010 R2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Deepraj,

Check the link below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH65799

It refers to BE 2010 R3 its worth a check too.

Furthermore, was the Sharepoint server the media server too? If so, the crash might have corrupted something in the BEDB so it might be worth your while to do a repair of the BEDB using BEutility.exe too.

Thanks!

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

The Search Service Application Proxy is a Sharepoint 2010 resource. You sure you have your version correct?  If this is SPS 2010 and you have SP1 applied to that, you definitely need BE 2010 R3 fully patched to get rid of those errors.