cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error - with MDAC 2.8 - MSXML Installed

Ross_Leak
Level 2
Dear Forum,

I have recently upgraded a Windows 2000 SBS server from Backup Exec 8.6 to Backup Exec 10.0. However I cannot get the Backup Exec 10.0 administration program to load. On run it gives me the error :

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\BkupExec.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have searched the support base and found a similar error article ( http://support.veritas.com/docs/268113 ) although the error message is different. I have updated MSXML to the latest version and MDAC. I have also updated the SBS server to the latest patch levels from Microsoft and have tried a repair, a reinstall from scratch etc but I continue to get this error.

I would appreciate any feedback from forum users or the support team on this issue.

Kind Regards,
Ross
26 REPLIES 26

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
can you Update us on the issue please.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Help_Desk_16
Level 3
Hello

how can i repair the backup exec database, when, AS STATED IN MY EARLIER REPLY i can not run BEUtility, as it comes with up with the same error message.

Also I have upgraded the version to BE v10.5520 and i am still getting the error message.

Note : If we do not receive a satisfactory reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed you havent got a clue how to fix the problem and are therefore clueless’ and would be moved to ‘havent got a clue how to fix the problem if it goes outside of rebooting or reinstalling the product" pool

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please repair install backup exec from the backup exec installation cd using add/remove programs.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Help_Desk_16
Level 3
hello

this was suggested by your good collegue

Deepali Badave on the Jun 24, 2005 4:21 AM

to which I replied on the Jun 24, 2005 6:24 AM Jun 24, 2005 6:24 AM

I enclose the reply I provided back then for the benefit of those who obviously haven`t read or do not understand what I am writing.

"repair installation of Backup Exec is complete

Server rebooted

Still is not working, failing with the same error message.
"
over to you..................

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Since the issue is not resolved by the hence so forth known solutions, we need to check if there are more details in the sgmon log, please run this and then try to launch beutility, and then check the log file.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/190979
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Help_Desk_16
Level 3
nobbr

hello

Again, I reiterate for the people who do not read my previous replys, or who cannot

on the Jun 10, 2005 your good collegue suggested I run beutility , however

I CAN NOT OPEN BEUTILITY (AS STATED IN PREVIOUS POSTS) AS I GET THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE

I enclose the post which stated this on the 16 June 2005 for the benefit of the people who do not bother to read or cannot read

"Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error - with MDAC 2.8 - MSXML Installed
Posted: Jun 16, 2005 12:47 AM Jun 16, 2005 12:47 AM Shilpa pawar

This did not resolve the problem I cannot open beutility I get the same error as trying to open backupexec.

Please suggest something which hasnt already been suggested, its becoming tiresome now.

Nathan_Wolfe
Not applicable
I hate to butt in and take all of the fun from the tech support experts on this site that should know their own software.
Have you tried installing MSXML 2.6??

http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/d/f/8df27d67-e899-4b0c-9c54-fb304ce7a2b3/msxml2.msi