cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate BE15 to new Server

Cupis
Level 4

Hi Everyone,

Im finding the Veritas Knowledge Base quite frustrating at this point in time, as I the articles I am finding I think are quite old and Im sure there are new articles relating to BE15, I just cant find them

I am busy doing tests to Migrate BE2010 R3 to BE15, which I have done successfully, but now I am trying to migrate it to a new server. The new server is on a newer OS (2012 R2) and a different name. Does anyone have a link or advice how I can migrate this.

I have found many articles that tell me to copy the Data and Catalog directories to the new server (and a few other directories), but I am a little unclear on the New Server name aspect of the migration. Would anyone be able to assist.

So far I am leaning towards rather recreating everything from scratch. The migration seems overly complicated for something I think would be a common occurance. Is there maybe a way just to export the Selection lists and import them in the new server?

Kind Regards,

Stuart 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Stuart,

Check the following TN:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000037294

Thanks!

Cupis
Level 4

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the assistance. 

I tested out the migration in a test environment a few more times and it never came out 100% nicely, especially if I am moving to a new Server with a new Server name. I ended up recreating all my selection lists and importing the catalogs.

Just a note for anyone else looking into this. The biggest problem we encountered is that the tape catalogs are not imported. I can see all the old servers and the old backup sets for those servers that are in the catalogs, which is great, but you wont import your media nor their descriptions, so you basically have to load up all the tapes you ever owned and catalog them. A bit of a pain, but without doing a full migration, you have to expect this.

Kind Regards,

Cupis