cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Backup Exec to New server

faetont
Level 2
Hi!

One of our clients want to replace one of his servers with the new one. On the old server is installed licensed version of Backup Exec 11d for Windows. Will we have licence issues if we just unistall it on the old and install it on the new server? Is it possible to copy backup jobs and definitions and import it to the new installation?
They also have Domino and Windows agents on other server, will they function properly with the new installation?

Thanks!

Vinko
2 REPLIES 2

Lively
Level 5
You will be able to copy the jobs over, the other questions I will leave to other much more experienced.

If you are on the job setup screen, select the job you want to copy over, choose copy in the left column, and select the media server you are copying the job to.  Now you can only copy the jobs if the other media server is setup the correct way.  You can copy any backup to disk jobs right now, but unless you have a tape drive/library/whatever on the other server the job copy will not work.

You can select multiple jobs to copy over at once, which is handy.  Now when I did it, on the server I was moving from, all the copy jobs reported as failed.  But on the new media server they copied and look fine.

I am migrating to my new server in a couple weeks, but everything appears to be setup to go.  So hopefully this helps.