cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Backup exec Primary server to another server with SSO option installed.

rajpal45
Level 3
Partner
Hi

We have 3 Backup exec server with SSO option installed and version is 12.5. Out of three, one is primary server and 2 are secondary server. All 3 are sharing same device (one tape drive).

Now customer is planning to migrate the primary server to another system. So i have tech note to migrate the server to another. But in that it is mention if you have SSO option installed do not used the this procedure. Please see the tecnote link below.
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/319367.htm

Kindly suggest what procedure i can use to migrate the backup exec primary server to another with SSO option installed.

Thanks
Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Here's your solution;
Launch beutility from any server. go to media server groups node in beutility. Right click, and select SSO group. Provide the current primary server name when asked to. This would create a new SAN SSO group and on the right hand side you must see all the servers in current setup. Your target Primary server must also be seen here. Now, right click on the group created and choose "move primary SSO server.... ". Select the target primary server and that should take care of it. I would recommend you to make sure you have backed up your databases, before performing this operation. Open a support case, if you are not comfortable doing this, because incorrect use of beutility can also lead to loss of database.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hey dude,

This document might shed some light on what's needed.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/274778.htm

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Here's your solution;
Launch beutility from any server. go to media server groups node in beutility. Right click, and select SSO group. Provide the current primary server name when asked to. This would create a new SAN SSO group and on the right hand side you must see all the servers in current setup. Your target Primary server must also be seen here. Now, right click on the group created and choose "move primary SSO server.... ". Select the target primary server and that should take care of it. I would recommend you to make sure you have backed up your databases, before performing this operation. Open a support case, if you are not comfortable doing this, because incorrect use of beutility can also lead to loss of database.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks