cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Catalogs

Stephen_Kendall
Level 2
We have Backup Exec 8.6 running on SBS2k. The list of catalogs is missing from Backup Exec, they exist on disk. I've followed the instructions in the articles 191281 and 272886, but with no luck so far.

Anyone got any other suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Probably not the problem, but from Tools\Options\Catalog verify that BackupExec is looking in the right place for them.

Stephen_Kendall
Level 2
Yes, it is looking in the right place for them. I've found out that we seemed to lose the links to the catalogs after the server crashed during a backup.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
In that case, try an "Uninstall - Program Files Only". This should leave all your local info inplace, then do a clean install of the latest build for your version

(Make sure that you have your serials. Help\About will display them if you can't find the stickers)

Stephen_Kendall
Level 2
Uninstalling and reinstalling seems to be a bit drastic, is there no other - less drastic - solution?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Well, I've never had nor heard about any emply catalog problems that the TechNote didn't cure. Uninstall and Reinstall is the only other thing I can think of.

Roger_Wedlake
Not applicable
Hello, I was wondering whether you went through the reinstall process and whether it was successfull.

I have the same problem with no catalogs being displayed and the technical notes made no difference. I deleted betop*.idx but it did not regenerate!

Thanks in advance

Roger