cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing VMware under Resources

JayG
Level 3
I am testing Agent for VMware Virtual Infrastructure and considering licensing it. I went into the Tools, install options and added Agent for VMware Virtual Infrastructure. After the services restarted I attempted to do add my Virtual Center (http://support.veritas.com/docs/342409) but "Vmware vCenter and ESX servers" does not appear anywhere in my list of resources. Any idea why it is not appearing? If right click All Resources I just see Manage User-Defined and Manage A-D. I don't see Vmware at all. Thank you. Using - Backup Exec 2010
2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Jay

I guess the license key is not installed properly. Remove the license key from Tools-> Install options & license key.

Open add\remove programs, click on change for Symantec BE 2010.

You will get 3 options, select  "Additional options" and then enter the license key and proceed with the installation.

Once the license key is installed, you will be able to see "Vmware vCenter and ESX servers" check the attached screenshots

Right click on the "Vmware vCenter and ESX servers" then select "Manage Vmware vCenter and ESX servers"

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hey Jay

Any update on the issue ?