cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec server service will not start

Robert_Hoyle_2
Level 2
came in monday and the BE would not come up.only services started are  device & media service,remote agent service
when i start the backup exec server service i get     (the service did not return an error    could be an internal error or an
internal service error.     event viewer shows  internal error  4313  occurred in object  -1

any ideas    help
4 REPLIES 4

rvargas
Not applicable
I'm looking for resolution as well.  Because my existing BU Exec server is almost full, I was installing 2010 to a new server and to a new SQL Server (OS change, so I'm aware that backup history will not move across).  The Backup Exec Server service is failing with this same event in Windows Server 2003 R2 for me.

I found an article in the knowledgebase advising to make sure that the BEDB database isn't in Single User mode.  It's not.  Multi-User.  I found a reference to BU Exec 10.x that referred to registering a schedmgrur.dll, but couldn't locate that DLL in 2010's install.  FYI, I don't think that missing file is a problem.  Just a result of changes and updates since 10.x.

BU Exec is installed and ready to go once I can get the Server service to start.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello Rvargas

Could you please let us know the status of "BE Server Service" is in the starting stage ?

If the service has not started after installation then download and install hotfix from http://support.veritas.com/docs/348284

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Any update on the issue 

Saltydog
Level 3
I had the same problem. Installed hotfix 348284 (as above) and all services then started.

You either need to wait ages for the Backup Exec Server Service to stop trying to start, or kill the beserver.exe process before you can install the hotfix.

Once you've installed this hotfix you'll find that liveupdate finds a whole load more to apply also, though my problem was sorted before applying these as well.

Regards

Mark