cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move DLO network user data folder to different disk on same server?

Erik_Renberg
Level 2
I have two sites connected with a slow WAN link:

1. Main office with Backup Exec 10d with DLO installed,
2. Remote branch office with a file server that also has a DLO Storage Location, \\branchserver\dlo, which the users of that office use. This folder is located on the physical D-disk of the branch office server.

But now my problem is that the "D-disk" of the branch office server holding the DLO Storage Location is almost full.

Thus I would like to move the Storage Location / network user data folder on the branch office server to a different disk (E-disk) on that server with minimum impact for my users (and my self!).

Since the branch office server DLO storage location is essentially a shared folder I think that I can probably just re-target that share on the branch office server to the new disk and copy all DLO data manually (retaining the security of the files, and obviously not doing this during office hours). My worry is that I can see in the DLO console that is has information about the physical location of the Storage Location ("D:\DLO Backup"). I'm hoping this is only for information only and that I can safely re-target the share and that this will work.

Does anybody have any experience in this area? Do you think it will work? Or do you have any other good ideas how I can do it?

Notes: I would like to avoid having users desktops copying the backups from scratch. I also don't want to create another Storage Location on the branch office server and then use the Move Network User Data Folder from the DLO console, because this would mean that all data would be copied over the WAN from the branch office to the DLO console in the main office, and then back again through the WAN to another Storage Location.

Thanks in advance for any help!

/ Erik
1 REPLY 1

Erik_Renberg
Level 2
Hello again, so nobody has any comments on this?

That  is, on how to move the DLO network user data folder to a different disk on same server (this server is a remote server connected over a WAN-link with the Media Server)? With minium impact for users and me. Se my original post for all the details.

Thanks,

/ Erik